Your camping holidays in Morbihan
What could be better than a superb camping break in Carnac to enjoy the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean, Quiberon Bay and the Gulf of Morbihan? Discover a magical world whose incredible legends, countless islands and breathtaking scenery are sure to make a big impact during your holidays in Southern Brittany.
Morbihan, the "little sea" that's a welcoming land for your stay in Southern Brittany
Experience the multifaceted charm of Morbihan during your camping holidays in Carnac! A bit of history: the word "Mor-Bihan" means "little sea" in the Breton language. Represented by the Gulf of Morbihan and its 12,000 hectares of Atlantic Ocean, this magical, wild and poetic area offers excursions to discover the wonderful islands of the Gulf and Quiberon Bay, such as Belle-île-en-Mer, Houat and Hoëdic. A great escape guaranteed! From our campsite in Carnac, you can easily reach the Morbihan beaches and try out all kinds of water sports: windsurfing, surfing, sea kayaking, kitesurfing or just swimming with family and friends... there are plenty to choose from! Children and grown-ups can also enjoy gathering shellfish, play beach games and go on walks or bike rides along the coast.
Top towns in Morbihan, from seaside resorts to characterful cities
Vannes, the administrative centre of Morbihan, is just half an hour from Camping Le Dolmen! You're sure to fall under the spell of its old town as well as its ramparts, old washhouses and pleasant marina. Like many other towns and villages in the department, it combines tradition and modernity perfectly, making it a delight for visitors. Looking for a relaxing holiday that's a break from the routine? Quiberon's wild coast will beckon you during your camping holiday in Morbihan, and you'll just have to take a few photos to immortalise the spectacle of nature and the ocean waves crashing against the rocks. Enjoy the salty air and answer the call of the sea by treating yourself to a little impromptu swim during a day in Carnac or on a walk in La Trinité-sur-Mer or Arzon, on the Rhuys Peninsula. Morbihan also has a good number of characterful towns like Josselin with its magnificent medieval castle, or La Gacilly, a picturesque municipality where Yves Rocher's first cosmetics laboratory was opened. Not forgetting Lorient of course, Morbihan's unmissable port city. Not far from there, the island of Groix awaits you for a memorable excursion...
Things to see and do in Morbihan
- The megalithic sites of Morbihan: these include La Trinité-sur-Mer and Locmariaquer, not forgetting the famous Carnac stone alignments.
- Forêt Adrénaline in Carnac, to experience the joys of a treetop rope course only 10 minutes from the campsite.
- Branféré Park 30 minutes from the campsite, a superb animal and botanical park with a particularly strong commitment to environmental preservation.
- Lorient Interceltic Festival (first fortnight in August) to take in some superb concerts and festoù-noz where Celtic music and Breton culture have pride of place.
- The museums of Morbihan, to gain a deeper knowledge of a territory which has no end of mysteries to reveal to you: Museum of Prehistory in Carnac, Vannes Museum of Fine Arts, or Cité de la voile Éric Tabarly, the sailing museum for sea-lovers.
- And many more surprises and discoveries, as beautiful as they are amazing, to brighten up your days out with family and friends in this magnificent department of France.